Book A School Performance
“Both performers make clear sense of the traditions of Commedia dell’Arte by expressing them with infectious vitality in sparkling performance.”
– Stage Whispers
Our performances are an exciting and hilarious introduction to the madcap world of Commedia dell’Arte!
- Suitable for Primary and Secondary / VCE students
- Interactive and great fun!
- Witness commedia masks, lazziand stock characters in action
- Culturally relevant for students of Italian
- Drama students can analyse theatrical conventions, playmaking techniques and stagecraft elements
- Also great for Art, History, English, Cultural Days and Italian Festivals
- All bookings include a comprehensive resource kit
- Allow 60 minutes for the performance (add extra time for a Q&A at the end)
- Provide a cleared performance area (minimum of 4×4 metres), excluding audience seating
- Allow 60 minutes set up time in a cleared space (no classes present please)
- Allow 30 minutes pack up time
- We advise that Make A Scene and/or its directors, employees or agents will not be legally responsible for the supervision of the participants. We insist on the legally required number of teachers to actively supervise the entire performance (ie no-one on laptops please).
- Photographs may be taken by staff only, however, we ask that the performance not be filmed under any circumstance. Filming the performance is a breach of our intellectual property rights and may result in legal action. This includes filming with iPads, tablets, phones or any other electronic recording device. Please make an announcement be made at the beginning of the performance to ensure students do not photograph or video the show.
- Any photographs taken of the performance must not be published without prior written consent from Make A Scene.
Performance Cost 2017
The minimum cost for 100 students or less is $750.00 (including GST). If you have more than 100 students multiply this total number by $7.50. Please note that there are additional costs for schools located in regional areas.
In order for Make A Scene to deliver programs of a high quality and standard we rely on schools to quote accurate numbers for invoicing.Book OnlineDownload Form
“My senior kids are still talking about the workshop and they thought you were amazing. They thoroughly enjoyed the workshop. You encouraged them to take risks, to be creative and to commit, in a way that really challenged their thinking about physicality and characterisation. We were all sorry that the time went so quickly – we will definitely have you back!”
Mandy Calterwood, Christian College, Geelong
“Thank you so much for the non-naturalistic mask workshop. All the students had such positive responses and have said that they really enjoyed the experience. I really thought it was such a fun and affirming session where all the students, no matter what their ability, felt as though they could try new things in a safe environment. Rather than theorising so much about the non-naturalistic style you were able to make it very physical and practical – so improtant for students at this stage in their VCE Drama course, I know they all left really feeling as though they achieved a and learnt a lot.”
Leonore Marshall, Drama Teacher, Girton Grammar, Bendigo