Fooling In Love
Created by Rosa Campagnaro in collaboration with Jasper Foley, Lelda Kapsis, and Fabio Motta
Director: Lyall Brooks
Benvenuti a Napoli!
Welcome to Naples, the home of Mt Vesuvius, the Island of Capri and rogue masked character, Pulcinella!
Join this parade of hilarious characters as they weave through intersecting washing lines on the busy streets of Naples! Watch as Colombina and Arlecchino search for love, freedom and margherita pizza!
Can Pulcinella derail Pantalone’s mission to ‘…make Naples again’. Will Capitano fool in love? Does this city really have the best pizza in the world?
Do not miss this farcical and cheeky modern twist on the traditional world of masked comedy, Commedia dell’Arte!
- Suitable for Primary and Secondary students
- Interactive and hilarious fun
- The performance is in English with some Italian
- See commedia masks, lazzi and stock characters in action
- Culturally relevant for students of Italian
- Drama students can analyse theatrical conventions, playmaking techniques and stagecraft elements
- Also great for History, English, Cultural Days and Festivals
- All bookings include a comprehensive resource kit
Photos: Alex Motta
“Interactive, fun and Italian language specific and I was aching with laughter afterwards”
– National Gallery Victoria
“I just wanted to say thanks so much for your work yesterday. Not only did our students love your performance but so did our teachers – they were raving on about how funny and enjoyable it was to have such a good incursion in the last week of term.”
– Salvatore La Fauci, LOTE Faculty Leader, Mount Lilydale Mercy College