New and improved in 2016 by Christian Bagin and Rosa Campagnaro!
The action takes place in the Italian city of Bologna, famous for housing the first University in Italy and also the home of Il Dottore. Pantalone, the owner of Pantalone’s Inn is furious with Il Dottore (who is also the town Health Inspector). Il Dottore has threatened to shut down the restaurant unless Pantalone allows their children, Flaviano and Beatrice to marry! Will Brighella (Pantalone’s trusty servant) save the restaurant? Or is he too busy with his new TV show, PastaChef? Will The Lovers triumph against impossible odds?
This show is based on the Italian Comedy of the 16th Century and features the traditional masked characters of the commedia. Audiences will be transported to the Italian city of Bologna, the home of Bolognese sauce where they will experience an absurd and interactive cooking lesson with master Pasta Chef, Brighella! Students will laugh-out-loud at loads of silly slapstick, misunderstandings and bad wigs!
- Suitable for Primary and Secondary students
- Interactive and hilarious fun
- The performance is in English with some Italian
- See commedia masks, lazzi and stock characters in action
- Culturally relevant for students of Italian
- Drama students can analyse theatrical conventions, playmaking techniques and stagecraft elements
- Also great for Art, History, English, Cultural Days and Festivals
- All bookings include a comprehensive resource kit
“Interactive, fun and Italian language specific and I was aching with laughter afterwards”
– National Gallery Victoria
“I just wanted to say thanks so much for your work yesterday. Not only did our students love your performance but so did our teachers – they were raving on about how funny and enjoyable it was to have such a good incursion in the last week of term.”
– Salvatore La Fauci, LOTE Faculty Leader, Mount Lilydale Mercy College