Pinocchio | Prep – Year 8
By Carlo Collodi
Created by Christian Bagin (Director), Rosa Campagnaro (Assistant Director) and Jasper Foley (Performer)
Designed by Eloise Kent (Set & Costume), Newmi Newman (Masks & Puppet), Felix Watson (Music) and Helene Frøisland (Costume Assistant).
Welcome to the fantastical world of Carlo Collodi’s Pinocchio!
A travelling storyteller has arrived and has a tale he wants to share…
Before you know it, he is weaving together an epic adventure of danger, villainy and excitement, told through multiple characters, mask, puppetry, song… and plenty of hilarious audience interaction!
This show is a delightful reimagining of Collodi’s cautionary tale about the little wooden puppet who wants to become a real boy – and all the trouble he gets into along the way! Don’t miss this magical and unique adaptation that draws on the traditions of the travelling storytellers of a bygone era and – of course – Commedia dell’Arte.
Video by Phil Speers
- In English, with some Italian.
- Suitable for Primary and Early Secondary students of Drama, Italian, Art, English, History, and for cultural day celebrations and carnevale.
- Adaptable to the age group booked for, from Prep all the way to Year 8 – or even the whole school!
Photos by Lisa Businovski.
Listen to the original music compositions specially written for this show.
Geppetto The Quest
Pinocchio In Toyland
Pinocchio Puppet Theatre
Pinocchio Becomes A Donkey
– Aaysha, St Paul’s Primary School, Mildura
– St Joseph’s School, Renmark
“A fine introduction to Commedia dell’Arte.”
– The Age
“Easily one of the best Commedia dell’Arte productions I’ve seen…our students and staff were entranced!”
– Our Lady of The Sacred Heart College