Drama Solo Performance Exam
Consulting session to be held with Make A Scene founder and Artistic Director, Rosa Campagnaro.
Rosa has provided my student with the most wonderful guidance and expert advice on how to integrate Commedia Dell’Arte conventions into her Solo Performance. She has gone above and beyond to provide my student with one on one online conferencing sessions, digital resources and videos to assist my student’s understanding of the style and how to implement it. I honestly can’t recommend Rosa enough for those students and teachers needing some extra support and guidance whilst we navigate this extremely complex task under challenging circumstances.
– Kathleen McMenamin, Santa Maria College
A message from Rosa:
Commedia dell’Arte, theatre-making and devising solo performance are my specialties, and I’m here to support you and your students with the creation of their Drama solos! Here’s what I can do to make the process easier and more fun:
- Help your students get started.
- Give them the tools they need to confidently tackle this beast!
- Provide support through access to Make A Scene’s comprehensive resource materials.
When devising, sometimes the most painful thing is getting started – or perhaps the opposite is true…? You’ve got a million ideas, but no idea how to put them into a cohesive narrative structure. Developing a solo can be overwhelming and daunting – I totally get it, trust me! But with the right tools and techniques, students can develop the confidence they need to take on this mammoth VCE task!
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consultation Includes:
- 60 minute consulting session with Rosa Campagnaro.
- Pre-consult preparatory activities.
- Exercises and activities for getting started on the solo.
- Access to Make A Scene’s Homemade Comedy Teachers’ Resource (view a sample PDF here) to develop tools and techniques for Commedia dell’Arte:
- Lazzi (physical/verbal gags and comic business)
- The rule of three
- Audience interaction
- Working with mask
- Creating a simple costume design for your character
- Creating a mask
- Access to view The Servant of Two Masters and Pinocchio at 70% discounted rate.
- Dropbox with additional resources, support material and video examples from our Commedia shows.
$150 (inc GST) per student*
Additional student: $80** (inc GST)
* for one student and includes a discount for Homemade Comedy Resource.
** additional student and additional 30 minutes (total 90 minute session for two students).