Venice In Love
… farcical moments and frequently sidesplitting humour.
CREATORS Rosa Campagnaro and Christian Bagin.
CREATIVE CONSULTATION Lyall Brooks.
ADDITIONAL CONTENT Mason Gasowski and Freya Pragt.
Take a gondola ride back to 16th Century Venice at the height of Carnevale celebrations.
Il Capitano, desperate to win the heart of the headstrong but happily unattached Isabella, resorts to using a love potion. Gross!
When the potion falls into the hands of some well-meaning but foolishly muddled zanni, chaos and misunderstanding ensues! Watch these masked characters negotiate their path to love, fortune… and the latest climate protest!
This newly updated version of Venice In Love delivers a twist on traditional Commedia by introducing the female masked characters: Pantalona and Arlecchina! Students of all ages are sure to squeal with delight at this interactive and fast-paced farce filled with classic Commedia conventions:
- Audience Interaction
- Slapstick and comic business (lazzi)
What to expect:
- 50 minute show + optional 10-15 minute Q&A.
- Comprehensive teachers’ resources (activities, handouts and preparatory material).
- Performed in English, with some Italian.
- Curriculum links to Dance, History, English and Art.
- Suitable for Primary and Early Secondary students of Drama, Italian, Art, English, History, and for cultural day celebrations and carnevale.
- Adaptable for Prep all the way to VCE – or even the whole school!
Write an analysis or review in English. Perfect for VCE Drama Units 3 and 4, and Theatre Studies Unit 2.
Students will be able to analyse:
- Dramatic elements
- Expressive and performance skills
- Performance styles
- Playmaking techniques
- Production areas
Price: $1,100.00 (inc GST) for 100 students or less
Extra students: $8.50 (inc GST)
For large cohorts or multiple shows, please contact Make A Scene for a bespoke quote.