Rosa was inspirational! Just in awe!
Make A Scene founder and Director Rosa Campagnaro will guide participants through a practical, informative and challenging intensive in Commedia dell’Arte and devising theatre. This course focuses on the core foundations of Commedia: play, ensemble and connection to the audience – and will culminate in a performance evening of devised work.
What to Expect:
- 5 days of fun and frivolity.
- Lazzi (gags, slapstick and improvisation).
- Commedia stock characters and the actor’s process for working with traditional leather masks.
- Actors: build your performance craft and devising techniques.
- Educators: inspire and refresh your Drama classroom practice and learn techniques relevant to VCE Ensemble and Solo Performance tasks.
Rosa studied Commedia with Venezia InScena in Italy, as well as Bouffon with Giovanni Fusetti and Jacques Lecoq technique with Norman Taylor. She has a teaching degree from Deakin University and has taught senior Drama in schools. Her shows tour nationally and have been on the VCE Playlist. Passionate about education and actor training, she also proudly served on the 2018 Drama Victoria Committee of Management.
Rosa is currently revisiting the joy and trauma of creating work, with a new gender-bending translation of Goldoni’s The Mistress of The Inn!